Multiply your network through Google+
Google Plus can be overwhelming to use. The site itself is huge, and it seems like features are being added before you have a chance to master what’s already there—hey, it’s Google, what did we expect? Google is always innovating, and G+ is no exception. So, just how can you best use this social media platform? First, let’s establish its primary uses:
- To meet new people
- To connect with prospective customers
- To deepen relationships with your consumers
Now, let’s talk about how you can use G+ productively.
- Tag people.One of the best ways to get noticed on G+ is to tag people. Tagging can accomplish two things. First, it ensures the person tagged sees your post. Second, it can prompt them to interact with you.
- Set up Google Authorship.This is also known as using the “rel=author tag” on your blog. Thanks to Google Authorship, you will see your photo beside your published content in Google search results.
- Use Google+ Events to launch products.Google+ Events will automatically e-mail your social circles about a scheduled launch while simultaneously adding the event to any user’s calendar who accepts the event invitation.
- Incorporate keywords.In 2014, keyword optimization has seen some massive evolution in SEO. But keywords still have a place on G+. You can use keywords in your profile page, which is uniquely effective should you want to be associated with them for either your business or blog.
- Use images.Images are a great way to generate greater attention. Some of the “geeks” recommend uploading the image separately because it comes up bigger and generates more attention. Create a new title, and subsequently tag the person from the original post for maximum exposure.